The Mount Zion Foundation was initially founded in Jerusalem,
Israel in 1949 by the Director General of the ministry of Religious
Affairs Dr. S. Z. Kahane. The foundation was formed in order to help
maintain the overall physical and cultural values, the dignity and
glory of Holy Mount Zion. Dr. Kahane suggested in 1971 to Rabbi Gerald
Goldstein to register a similar (501-C-3) not for profit
organization in the U.S.
for the same explicit purpose. This was finally accomplished in
( Fla. corp. # 12756).
Dr. Kahane recognized it would take a major
fund raising effort to bring to fruition his life long dream of a
major World Torah Institution on the lofty heights of Mount Zion.
The U.S. foundation has helped underwrite various
projects and programs of its
Israeli counterpart which are located on Mt. Zion.
1. The Diaspora Yeshiva.
2. The Chamber of the Holocaust, founded together with the state of
3. The World Peace Center
4. Educational Projects and Programs